IRIX contains a flaw that may allow a remote denial of service. The issue is triggered when a malicious attacker causes the fcagent daemon to disable a FibreVault enclosure. The vulnerability can be exploited remotely by using carefully crafted RPC packets that are sent to the fcagent(1m) daemon, and will result in loss of availability for the service.
Upgrade to version 6.5.2 or higher, as it has been reported to fix this vulnerability. Also, Silicon Graphics, Inc. has released patches to address this vulnerability. It is also possible to correct the flaw by implementing the following workaround:
1) Become the root user on the system.
% /bin/su -
2) Verify fcagent(1m) daemon is enabled.
3) Disable fcagent(1m) daemon.
# chkconfig fcagent off
4) Verify fcagent(1m) daemon has been disabled.
5) Stop any currently running fcagent(1m) daemon.
# /etc/init.d/fcagent stop
6) Return to previous level.